January 19, 2009

Forgiveness and Random Acts of Kindness

We've all heard the saying "To err is human, to forgive is divine". But what does forgive really mean? It's easy to forgive someone stepping on your toe, for instance. Gone in an instant. But to forgive a murderer who killed your daughter? That's a whole different kettle of fish. But, I think to survive you have to find the power within to forgive that murderer. Or that thoughtless person who angers you beyond belief. I do think that when we truly forgive someone we are at peace. Some things though bother us greatly and we think "we're not going to associate with that person any more". That's the way of life.

At the acupuncture meeting tonight I brought up the idea of a random act of kindness. He replied with the title of a book that a French psychiatrist and neureo-biologist had written regarding the secrets of curing depression. Drugs are one, exercise is another, TCM (traditional Chinese medicine) and meditation is another, and the act of giving, sharing is yet another that he mentioned. So, yes, my thoughtfulness in dropping off a latte to a friend is a good idea. *smiles at the thought*

My last post sounded a bit down, and yeah, written just before bed, end of a long day, and yeah I was tired and defeated feeling. But ... I'd say this last week has been really good. Not as much caffeine in the system due to discarding the first bit of strong tea and then drinking the 2nd infusion of it. The pills are helping my sleep immensely. I just feel calmer, more at ease, and less like the brain is chugging away.

The swear words, as well aren't there. Thank goodness because frankly, with young daughters I shouldn't be swearing, at all. Bad example. Not a good practise. Do as I say, not as I do? LOL, the one thing kids are great for is to point out the truth and the obvious. "Mummy you have bad breath" LOL or "Mummy you're having a bad hair day, aren't you?" That's Victoria.

7 years ago tonight I was in hospital giving birth to Victoria. Still very fresh in my mind, and so amazing to get to meet her, finally. All 10 lbs, 1 oz of her. Happy Birthday Victoria!

No comments: