January 9, 2009

A good night's sleep finally

Wow, am I glad I got a good night sleep. Waking up, and feeling fuzzy, and tired and making me think to flop back down and get two more hours of sleep is so nice. And normal, and lovely. I love my bed. I love sleeping well in it. Ahhh, glad to have back that want to sleep and moreso the ability to sleep for hours. It makes for a very stable, calm feeling. There is no anxiety in me, at this moment. I feel so peaceful. Yes, thinking LOL (that's never stopped) but calm, peaceful, groggy (a bit), and thankful.

Here are two sayings that I've come across and saved and wanted to dissect.

"The wisdom of the wise, and the experience of ages, may be preserved by quotation."
Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)

"If only it were so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds and it were necessary to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, 1970 Nobel Laureate.

The first is by the English Prime Minister. How true that quotations try to capture the essence of their message. In many ways I feel that is what the Bible has done. Captured essences of people who did exist, and quoted them for future generations.

The 2nd quote is so true as to be like the nose on your face. No wonder God cannot stop the evil work of some men when all men have it in their heart. And yes, I do think that is true. We all have some good, some evil inside us. Some call it God and the Devil. Others call it other things. Whatever, it's the classic Cain and Abel story. I hope, inside me, the evil side never wins. It's when I feel angry, bitter, tired, on a "knife's edge" as I was yesterday that yes, the evil could win. But the good in my heart, that's what makes me feel so good. In the immediate moment, short term and long term.

Getting back to the medication debate, and whether or not people who've been handed a bottle of pills have the right to not take them. Wouldn't you want to take them and let the good in your heart win? For not only your sake but for all your family and friends? That is such a pity if you cop out and say 'they interfere'. Try getting help, perhaps, to change the medications. Keep tinkering, and trying to fix it. Ignoring it and toking up a weed isn't helping very many except yourself for a bit of drugged, hazy euphoria.

Ok, back to the thought of good and evil existing in all men. Think of this: you're on a crowded bus and it's driving through snow-clogged streets. It's running very late, and getting very slowly to the destination(s). If you look around you you'll see many different people. Some who are reading, or thinking, or sleeping. Some getting anxious, or angry. Each one of those has some good and some evil. The quiet, peaceful ones likely have the good side winning. The angry ones? Well it'd be a guess that they're letting that anger, evil side emotion, win.

So, let's think about this. We have a choice every day upon waking. Are we going to see the glass 1/2 full or 1/2 empty? Your choice. I'd like to try to see it 1/2 full each and every day.

Say thank you to one person today, please :)
Thank you to anybody who reads this. I appreciate it.

No comments: