January 28, 2009

Ribs for dinner

Yes, that's what I've just made for our dinner tonight. Ribs in the slow cooker. Browned under the broiler, and a nice tangy onion/garlic mix browned and then mixed with homemade BBQ sauce and poured over top. Mmm the house will smell good. While I was cooking I was listening to MB20 and "More than you think you are". That song "Unwell" just strikes something inside me as what I'm saying. This set of lines from it, especially "Feeling like I'm headed for a breakdown and I don't know why
Well I'm not crazy I'm just a little unwell"


I was thinking too, of Jack Nicholson in "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest" movie. <Wiki entry> How he plays so well the seemingly crazy guy who is really coldly calculating that he'll get off easy on his prison sentence. I feel I'm the exact opposite of that. Really crazy but trying to appear normal to people. And not succeeding well at all! Haha.

I also remembered that I have two books about Bipolar that I should read. I think I'll get Kay Redfields autobiography as well. Just as a interest subject.

Another book I've been meaning to read, and yet it sits there is "The Jesus I never knew" by Philip Yancy. It does look interesting. I got that as a Christmas present.

I had to reinstall Windows on a new hard drive yesterday. The old one was over 5 years old, hence very close to the end of its lifespan, in technical terms. I also noticed my computer was slow, very slow! Also, I've been having unexplained random reboots. So, a technical friend (IT guy) in England said you better change it before it does crash and you lose all the info. So, I did. I've now got the old one in an external HD case on the desk, and it's turned off. That way, if needed I can power it up, and via USB cable can snatch what I need off it, and then off it goes. Hopefully with very little usage it will last a few more years.

"Now, why is it that most of us can talk openly about the illnesses of our bodies, but when it comes to our brain and illnesses of the mind we clam up and because we clam up, people with emotional disorders feel ashamed, stigmatized, and don’t seek the help that can make the difference." Kirk Douglas, who's son Michael Douglas directed "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest"

No comments: