June 6, 2009

Feeling weight and other issues

A friends post got me to thinking why I'm okay with my body. Yes I hear comments from my husband, and from my Dad. Tim's pretty okay with it, although he knows he can stab and wound me with words. But heck, I can't be perfect, like you know. :P

Weight is so loaded with feelings. If we weight too much then we're somehow defective, I'd guess, from portrayals? Why is that? Because I weigh more than my husband does that mean I'm "less" of a person? Um, no, wrong.

To me, food is always an emotional thing. I'm sad, I eat. I'm on the go, I don't eat, and forget to make good food. Then fill up on starch and easy to eat foods. That's not good. I need to remember, and plan for, those busy days. Have easy to eat healthy food at the ready for quick meals.

I hope to teach my children that food is simply for eating. Not a reward, nor a punishment. Not a manipulation tool. But simply that we need it, and to choose a good food that's healthy is the wisest choice. Yes to the bits of junk food but not an everyday thing.

Vic tells me I'm fat. Nothing like a daughter telling her mummy huh? But you know what she's said right after that? "I love you just the same Mummy you're the best Mummy in the world". Yeah, well I hope so.




That is what marriage really means: helping one another to reach the full status of being persons, responsible and autonomous beings who do not run away from life. Paul Tournier

No comments: