July 20, 2009

I'm not mad, bad or bizarre

No, not mad as in crazy, or bad, or bizarre but simply different. I'm reading more of "The Complete Guide to Asperger's syndrome" and love that line. "You're not mad, bad or bizarre but simply see the world in a different manner than neuro-typical people".

I have to be proud of who I am. Not making excuses for it, nor how I view the world. But simply accepting "I am proud of who I am, like it or leave it" attitude. Yes, some won't like it, I know. But, I can't change the me in me. I'm just not a cookie cutter typical person whom social chit-chat comes to easily.

2 comments:

Wellness Writer said...

I agree that self-acceptance is really important!

Toria/Deb said...

Thanks Susan, and yeah, agreed, accepting is an important part of being well. Something that I'm glad I've come around to seeing.