July 7, 2009

Trying to see the big picture

Yes, I'm trying to see the big picture. I find myself falling into the same old trap of saying to self "you're stupid, silly, too emotional (or insert other adjective here)". But I'm also consciously trying to say to myself "find 5 good things right now". And it works. It does work on getting me away from the self-pity party that I seem to want to hold. And which does me no good.

So, on a dreary, dreadful, rainy, cold July morning here's 5 things I'm grateful for, right now

1.) Got a computer with internet, high speed at that

2.) a warm cup of tea to sip

3.) kids are playing well, and quietly with toys in their room

4.) I'm well fed after a nice breakfast, and don't feel hungry

5.) My husband has already called to say I love you this morning and let me know that he got stuck in a massive traffic jam in Ottawa. But he made it to work ok.

So, yes, I could pity myself for the things I don't do right, or I could say good for me for the things I do do right. (that's an awkward sentence with 2 do's).

If you're reading this, and feeling down, join with me in saying "we are better than we give ourselves credit for".

We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones.
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

2 comments:

Beth Smith said...

Thanks...I needed that :-)

Toria/Deb said...

You're welcome. I hope it helped, a bit. Yes, I could whinge on about the kids fighting, or find something different for them to do. It's hard, at times, to see the glass as "half-full" isn't it?